Tuesday, June 28, 2011

35 weeks

Last Friday I had an appointment with my regular OB. I'm measuring 42 cm, which is like being 42 weeks pregnant with a single baby! My OB ordered me to ask for more help with the kids during the day. He said I should be doing more laying down and doing nothing. With my uterus being so big, my body will think it is done and try to go into labor if I try to do too much. He wants me to make it to at least 36 weeks so that their lungs will be developed. Each day I make it after that, the healthier the babies will be. My parents and Dan's parents are taking the kids during the day this week. That is such a huge help and I'm so lucky to have such great family willing to help out!

We had an ultrasound yesterday. Baby boy is measuring 6 lb 6 oz (big boy!) and baby girl is 5 lbs 1 oz. When we had our ultrasound at 31 weeks they discovered a fluid filled cyst in baby girl's abdomen/pelvis. It was about 1 cm in diameter. They said at that point it was so small that we wouldn't worry about unless it got bigger. Well, it got a lot bigger. Yesterday it measured 4.5 cm, almost golf ball size. It looked huge to me on the ultrasound. They think it is probably on her ovary but won't be able to tell for sure until she is born. The doctor said sometimes they will dissolve after they are born, that it could be my hormones that are causing the cyst. Otherwise they may need to operate on it after she is born. We have a consult with a pediatric surgeon on July 7 and then we will know more.




No comments: