Thursday, July 28, 2011


The First Week


The first week was a little challenging. The babies didn't latch for breastfeeding when they were first born. Being early, they were very sleepy all the time. I had to pump every 2-3 hours, attempt breastfeeding and then we gave them a bottle. That was pretty much all we had time for during the first week. At 5 days old Emmett all of a sudden figured out how to latch on and he's been doing well ever since. The next day, at 6 days old, Alyssa figured it out and hasn't had a bottle since. I'm so glad I kept trying with them because I was afraid I had ruined our chances with all the bottles we were giving them. Our pediatrician, who I love, really encouraged me by telling me not to worry about it, that they would latch on once they got closer to term. It sure makes things a lot easier to just be able to nurse them!









Emmett's first sponge bath at home.
Alyssa's first sponge bath at home
The big kids love to play on the playmat. They look huge to me now!

No comments: